Alden Richards has said that he is not aware of any project which would pair him with Kapuso actress Jennylyn Mercado.
“Di ko po alam yun,” replied Richards after newscentral.ph asked him to confirm the teleserye he was set to do with Mercado.
Earlier this year, rumors floated that Richards and Mercado were chosen to star in the remake of the hit Korean telenovela “My Love From The Star”.
In an interview with pep.ph, director Joyce Bernal confirmed that her next project for GMA 7 would be the Filipino version of the Koreanovela with Richards expected to play the lead actor.
Bernal, however, said that she was not aware who the leading lady would be.
GMA network has not released an official statement regarding the project.
If plans push, “My Love From the Star” would mark Richards’ return to primetime teleseryes after doing “Ilustrado” in 2014.
Richards is currently promoting the movie “Imagine You and Me” with Maine Mendoza which is showing on July 13.
In a Facebook post Becky Aguila, Mercado’s manager, said that the contract of the award-winning actress with GMA expired last May.
Mercado recently starred in the hit romantic-comedy “Just The Three of Us” with John Lloyd Cruz.
According to latest buzz, last year’s FHM’s sexiest will star with Coco Martin in a movie which will be shown during the 2016 Metro Manila Film Festival in December.