The Muntinlupa Regional Trial Court (RTC) has ordered the arrest of Senator Leila de Lima and two others on Thursday afternoon, February 23, for her alleged involvement in the illegal drug trade inside the New Bilibid Prison (NBP) in Muntinlupa City
Executive Judge Juanita T. Guerrero of the Muntinlupa RTC Branch 204 issued the arrest order against de Lima, her former lover and bodyguard Ronnie Dayan, and former Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) officer-in-charge Rafael Ragos,
The Department of Justice (DOJ) has filed three criminal complaints against de Lima and seven others on Feb. 17.
De Lima’s co-accused in the complaints were:
- Former director Franklin Bucayu, Bureau of Corrections (BuCor)
- Ronnie Dayan, former lover-bodyguard of de Lima
- Rafael Ragos, former BuCor officer-in-charge
- Jose Adrian Dera, close-in security of de Lim
- Wilfredo Elly, Bucayu’s former staff
- Joenel Sanchez, de Lima’s former security aide
- Jaybee Sebastian, high-profile inmate
They were specifically facing violation of Section 5 (sale) in relation to Section 3 (jj trading), Section 26 (b ) and Section 28 or the criminal liability of government officials and employees of Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
De Lima said on Feb. 14 that she was expecting the arrest within the week.
The Volunteers Against Crime and Corruption (VACC), the National Bureau of Investigations (NBI), and former NBI officials filed the complaints.
With reports from Lorenz Niel Santos