President Rodrigo Duterte signed Executive Order No. 15 on March 6, Monday, which created the Inter-Agency Committee on Anti-Illegal Drugs (ICAD), reports said.
The ICAD is expected to carry out the following:
* ensure the effective conduct of anti-illegal drug operations and arrest of high-value drug
* personalities down to the street-level peddles and users
* spearhead and coordinate implementation of the National Anti-Drug Plan of Action (NADPA) 2015-2020
* ensure comprehensive implementation of the Barangay Drug-Clearing Program
* ensure intensive conduct of advocacy campaign initiatives
* ensure that the roles and responsibilities of the member agencies are efficiently and effectively carried out’
* cleanse the bureaucracy of unscrupulous personnel involved in illegal drug activities ensure that the anti-illegal drug objectives of the government are achieved
The ICAD will be organized into four clusters — enforcement, justice, advocacy, rehabilitation and reintegration.
The government agencies under these groups are: Dangerous Drugs Board, Department of the Interior and Local Government, Department of Justice, Department of Health, Department of Education, Department of Social Welfare and Development, Department of Trade and Industry, Department of Agriculture, Department of National Defense, Technical
Education and Skills Development Authority, Philippine Information Agency, Public Attorney’s Office, Office of the Solicitor General, Philippine Coast Guard, Philippine National Police, National Bureau of Investigation, Bureau of Customs, Bureau of Immigration, Armed Forces of the Philippines and Anti-Money Laundering Council.
The enforcement cluster will conduct anti-illegal drug operations with the support of other law enforcement agencies through the PDEA and the national anti-drug task force.
The justice cluster is responsible for the prosecution of all drug cases. It will also provide legal assistance to law enforcers and ensure that public attorneys are ready to protect the rights of those who will surrender voluntarily and those subject to warrantlessarrests.
The advocacy cluster will conduct a nationwide advocacy campaign for the anti-illegal drug policy and implementing programs.
The rehabilitation and reintegration cluster will implement drug rehabilitation programs and ensure the reintegration of former drug dependents.