President Rodrigo Duterte lashed out anew at television giant ABS-CBN as he threatened to file “multiple syndicated estafa” against the network.
“I am telling you now, I will be filing charges of multiple syndicated estafa. Ang kakapal ng mukha niyo. P*t*ng *n* niyo. Letche kayo,” Duterte said in an expletive-laced speech at a housing event for the police and military in Davao City on Friday, May 19
The President said he paid ABS-CBN P2.8 million for the airing of his campaign ad but it never came out. He said the network didn’t return his money.
“Actually, kayo ang magnanakaw e. Gabby Lopez. I paid P2,800,000 — I was only able to gather money during the last weeks of my candidacy nung tumaas na ang ratings ko kasi historically, 3-4, 3-4, 3-4 lang ako,” he said.
“Then suddenly two weeks, nag-akyat ako 36 percent-Nagmakaawa ako sa inyo… wala akong pera, wala akong historic na propaganda sa TV, pwede bang isingit ninyo? Tinanggap ninyo ang pera ko, but you never bothered to show my propaganda. Pagkatapos ng eleksyon, kinalimutan ninyo, hindi ninyo naman sinauli ang pera,” he added.
The President had earlier threatened to block the renewal of the franchise of ABS-CBN, which would expire in 2020.