A former lawmaker and the alleged mastermind in the pork barrel scam are facing charges of misappropriating P20.91 million in Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF) in 2008, the Office of the Ombudsman said on Friday, May 6.
Facing two counts of direct bribery, four counts of malversation of public funds, and four counts of violation of the anti-graft law are former Representative Arthur Pingoy for the second district of South Cotabato and Janet Lim-Napoles, Ombudsman Conchita Carpio-Morales said.
Also charged were:
* Technology Resource Center officials Antonio Ortiz, Dennis Cunanan, Francisco Figura and Marivic Jover
* Department of Budget and Management officials Mario Relampagos, Rosario Nuñez, Marilou Bare and Lalaine Paule
* National Agribusiness Corp. officials Alan Javellana, Rhodora Mendoza, Maria Ninez Guanizo and Victor Cacal
* Philippine Social Development Foundation, Inc. (PSDFI) employees Evelyn de Leon, Noel Macha, John Raymund De Asis and John Bernardo
* former Energy Regulatory Commission Chairperson Zenaida Ducut
Investigation showed Pingoy’s PDAF allocation worth P20.91 million was coursed through PSDFI and Social Development Program for Farmers Foundation, Inc. (SDPFFI), with TRC and NABCOR as implementing agencies.
But the projects identified as financial assistance for farm implements, livelihood materials and training turned out to be “ghost” projects.
Also, Pingoy was found to have pocketed commissions and kickbacks from Napoles amounting to P6.755 million.