Abductors of Korean exec asking for more
after payment of P5-million ransom

January 12 2017 8:08 PM

The family of an abducted Korean businessman paid P5-million ransom to his kidnappers even without proof of life, the wife of the victim disclosed on Thursday, January 12.

Speaking through an interpreter during a press conference at the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), the wife of Ick Joo Jee, a top executive of Korean company Han-Jin, said the money was paid last October 31.

She said, however, that instead of releasing her husband, the abductors demanded another P4 million.

She said that when she pressed the kidnappers for “proof of life,” they did not respond, prompting the family to go to the authorities for help. She said she also offered P100,000 to anyone who could provide information on the whereabouts of her husband.

The NBI said it has identified three of the seven or eight people who may have been involved in the abduction. It confirmed Philippine National Police (PNP) Director General Ronald dela Rosa’s announcement earlier on Thursday that one of the suspects was an active policeman.

Dela Rosa did not identify the law enforcer but said his rank was that of Senior Police Officer 3. He added that the suspect was now under restrictive custody.

A housemaid, who was abducted together with the businessman but later released, identified the suspects whom police did not name. She is under protective custody of the police.

At the same time, the NBI said it was also investigating several angles like car theft and robbery.

Ick Joo Jee was abducted in Angeles City, Pampanga in October 2015.

For MORE of NewsCentral.PH, click below:
News | Nation | Adobo Mix | Sports | Entertainment | Lifestyle | Business | Technology | Trending Now | Wild Guess | Eksena ni Kulot

Comments

MOST READ POSTS