Former Local Government Secretary Manuel “Mar” Roxas topped the list of guests who attended the inauguration of Vice President-elect Maria Leonor “Leni” Robredo this Thursday, June 30.
Roxas was the Aquino administration’s presidential candidate, along with Robredo, under the Liberal Party (LP).
Aside from Roxas, also seen at the Quezon City Reception House were a mix of personalities from politics and showbiz:
* Human rights advocate Etta Rosales
* Representative Miro Quimbo of Marikina City
* Outgoing Budget Secretary Florencio “Butch” Abad
* Outgoing Foreign Affairs Secretary Jose Almendras
* Senator Sonny Anagara
* Showbiz power couple Dingdong Dantes and wife, Marianne Rivera
Roxas lost to independent candidate, then Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte, who won by a landslide in the presidential elections where Vice President Jejomar Binay, Senators Grace Poe and Miriam Defensor-Santiago also ran.
Robredo was up against Senators Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr., Alan Peter Cayetano, Francis “Chiz” Escudero, Antonio Trillanes IV and Gregorio “Gringo” Honasan.
Marcos has asked the Supreme Court to stop Robredo’s inauguration amid allegations of poll fraud.