It’s finally here!
After eight f r e a k i n g years.
My Team Popoy and Basha heart was finally torn apart and stitched together again during the “A Second Chance” movie.
If you lived under a rock without going through the “One More Chance” era, reliving over and over the famous Bea Alonzo line, “Poy, ako nalang. Ako nalang ulit,” then I feel bad for you and I will personally buy you a DVD so you can go and feel the feelings of die-hard John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo fans during its sequel.
And it isn’t just any sequel. It actually lives up to the original, and it goes beyond. The heart-wrenching Basha lines, the crying Popoy (because you just can’t watch John Lloyd cry and not cry), the intense scenes and the quiet, touching ones. It’s another masterpiece by the one and only director who can thaw my frozen heart, Cathy Garcia Molina.
Even the bloopers reel was amazing. Shout out to John Lloyd Cruz and Billie Crawford’s bloopers — that was immensely funny and legitimate #FriendshipGoals.
Don’t believe me? Well, take a look at 11 of the most memorable lines from the film:
1. Popoy: Why is it so easy for you to see the worst in me?
Basha: Why do you make it so hard for me to see the best in you?
See what I mean?
2. Basha: 2 years, Poy. Kahit may nararamdaman akong mali, I chose to ignore it. Kasi ang nagmamahal, naniniwala. Nagtitiwala.
3. Basha: You want me to trust you, but you don’t even trust me.
So much feelings.
4. Popoy: Every day (you lie). Basha, hindi mo kailangan magsalita para madama ko ‘yun.
Sad emoticon 🙁
5. Thursday barkada: Kung nahihirapan ka na pagkatiwalaan siya, pagkatiwalaan mo muna yung pagmamahal mo sa kanya.
Trust is key.
6. Popoy: Kung pwede ko lang kunin lahat ng sakit na nararamdaman mo, kukunin ko lahat.
Please take away this pain, John Lloyd, este Popoy.
7. Popoy: Ito na yung huling gabi na mayroon ikaw at ako. Simula bukas, ang meron na lang ay tayo, tayo habang buhay.
Stop making me feel things.
8. Basha: You made me feel like I’m your life’s biggest mistake. Tanong ako ng tanong. “Ako ba? Ako ba ang problema?” ‘Yun pala ikaw yung problema!
Don’t do this to me, Basha.
9. Basha: I have the right to the truth, no matter how ugly, no matter how painful. ‘Cause I’m your wife. Gusto na kita iwan, Poy. Gustong gusto ko na.
10. Basha: I promised to love you even when it hurts. I love you more when it hurts.
Keep the faith.
11. Popoy: I’m saying goodbye to the man you married.
And I’m also saying goodbye to all of my what ifs. It’s brave to ask ‘what if’, but it’s braver to embrace ‘what is’. You, and only you, are my ‘what is’.
Huhu John Lloyd.
Reminder: Bring a handkerchief or tissues when you watch this film to avoid total embarrassment of holding back the tears (and letting them fall anyway ’cause it cannot be helped), because you will cry, whether you like it or not.
Still need a little teaser? Really? Watch this:
Video courtesy of Star Cinema